I'm sorry for the long absence. I haven't posted anything since January! And really, it was pointless, considering that I didn't disappear completely (in comments and such) so no one was wondering what mysterious thing had happened to keep me from blogging. That would have been nice. Especially if it had been accompanied by long, frantic emails. Alas! Never do anything halfway.
Anyway, several months ago, two wonderful ladies gave me the Creative blogger award, or the Kreative blogger award, or the Creativ blogger award, however you want to spell it. I chose to spell it very uncreatively. (Why am I getting this award?) Well, the two wonderful awarders were: Millie and Sarah. Thank you so much!
1. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
3. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers, and post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
5. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Those are the rules. Okay, first two done...as for the seven things, I think I exhausted all the interesting things there are to say about me in other posts, but I shall try.
1) I don't like westerns. (Fascinating!) The reason for this is that they make me feel dusty. I live in a desert. That might have something to do with it.
2) Umm, I entered a poetry contest about a month ago at school. This probably will not interest other people but it interests me because I still don't know who won.
3) I may have already said this, but when I was four or five I married a clown punching bag.
4) I have come to the conclusion I really don't like holidays very much.
5) I play the piano. (Yeah, because nobody does that, right?)
6) I would be horrified if I thought people I knew in person read this blog. Tell me that's not strange, that other people feel that way, please.
7) I once wrote a skit for a talent show that was rejected for being too morbid. Totally unjustified. Plays can have characters that talk about how much they want to die nonstop without being morbid. They can!
Now, I have to nominate seven other people, most of whom have probably received the award already. Doesn't matter. They should consider it a confirmation of their creative-ness.
Kate Gabrielle of Scathingly Brilliant. This is about as creative as they come. She shames me into drawing or cooking or anything to recover my self-esteem. She is also a very sweet person.
Millie of ClassicForever. She makes finger puppets. That's enough to deserve the award right there. Her blog is really awesome, by the way.
Harley of Dreaming in Black and White. Her blog is unique, unlike any other. If you were to take one paragraph from any of her posts and show it to any of her followers, I bet they would be able to guess it was from her blog. She doesn't have time to post so much anymore, but whenever she does, it is always a treat.
Sarah of Cinema Splendor. Her intelligent observations about movies earn her a place on this list. Cinema Splendor is the place to go to hear some offbeat movie talk...Sarah does not just write about the same old stuff you read everywhere. She is also absolutely hilarious!
Okay, I'm just going to nominate four people. You guys keep saying these rules are made to be broken...I agree!