Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy New Decade!

Not only is it a new year, it is a new decade. Now that is something worth celebrating! One year may be very similar to the one before it, but no two decades have had the same atmosphere--as anybody who has been annoyed by someone telling them every vintage style is from the 1950s can attest to. My first new decade's resolution is to stop being lazy etc. which includes not procrastinating. This post is being published only nine days after I intended it to be! Is that a great start or what?

No, no, no don't answer that question. My real purpose is not to put my new decade's resolutions up against my actual behavior. I thought it would be a nice change to do resolutions for the world in general, not because that way I don't have to do them--it is a plus though--but just for the fun of it. Dear World, please take the following resolutions to heart. Please resolve to:

  1. Stop blowing parts of yourself up. I don't understand your logic in doing this. When I'm bothered by parts of myself, I do not take the stance that attacking said parts will scare them into feeling better. I suggest you try a similar approach.
  2. Not end in 2012. I'm not worried about this one because even if the Mayans turn out to have been crafty devils, I will at least have graduated from high school already, but the new decade will be a let down if it only lasts two years.
  3. Put classic movies back in theaters. There are of course film festivals everywhere, but it would be nice if there were just theaters in every city that played only old films.
  4. Start dancing properly. As in, the people in you. Making people learn a necessary social skill like ballroom dancing would probably raise their IQ a couple points. I think we could all do with that.
  5. Give up the political correctness crusade. It's irritating.
  6. Educate yourself about the differences between "overweight" and "curves."
  7.  Have some more fun.
  8. Get me some more followers. Just saying. I mean I would appreciate it.
World, you have ten years, starting right now. The nine days you've missed already are my own fault.


What are your new decade's resolutions?

4 comments:

Lolita of the Classics said...

AH, great ideas! I would be happy if the regular theaters could show classic films ALSO, and not only the new Hollywood trash.

Millie said...

MERRRRRIIIIIAAAAAAMMMMMM! Hello! How are you?

This was a great post (as usual)! And agree with ALL points! (I can agree with all points because Montgomery wasn't mentioned ONCE!)HHAHAHA!

Sally said...

Great post! I agree with all of your points. Excellent list!

Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

"Start dancing properly. As in, the people in you. Making people learn a necessary social skill like ballroom dancing would probably raise their IQ a couple points. I think we could all do with that."

I get a kick out of this one.